Keep in Mind
October 7, 2010 § 1 Comment
The other day, I found a Bible I hadn’t used in awhile. In it, there was a bookmark with some really inspiring quotes that I wanted to share with you. Interestingly, this Bible came from Amazon and the bookmark was included by the seller. I guess you never really know when something seemingly insignificant can influence someone or just bring them some happiness. This particular seller left me a few little bookmarks with nice notes; minor things, but things that made me smile.
So, I thought I’d share these little quotes with you. All were said or written by St. Francis de Sales.
- Each day we have to being again with renewed courage.
- When misfortune comes our way, be assured that, if we love the Lord with all out hearts, everything will end well.
- Happy are the hearts that can bend, for they will never break.
- Walk always near to God, for the gentleness of God’s shadow is more healthy than the brightness of the sun.
- No one is esteemed before God for having lived long, but for having lived well.
- Love either removes the harshness of a trial or it makes the difficulty easier to live with.
- Do not worry about what might happen tomorrow; the same loving Father who takes care of you today, will take care of you tomorrow and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you an unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace, then, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations.
I think St. Francis’ main point to all of these sayings what to be at peace. Find peace no matter the turmoil that is going on around you. This takes an effort. It is an oxymoron to say you have to fight for peace, but sometimes you do. You have to step outside of the drama of life, the chaos of the moment and close your eyes focusing on the important, focusing on love. As you do this, the overdramatic moment, the fear of your future unknown, the anxiousness of upcoming trials is all put into perspective and you can find peace. Sometimes, just reading these quotes helps me relax before bed, wash away any stress that might have built up over the day, and peacefully sleep.